BROCOLLI CHEDDAR SOUP
1. Place 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup butter in soup pot cook 3-5 mins over medium heat to make a roux
2. 1 tbsp butter melted in small frying pan add 1/2 cup onion sauté then set aside
3. Lower roux heat to simmer whisk in 2 cups of half and half and 2 cups chicken stock simmer about 20 mins
4. Add 1/2 lb broccoli, 1 cup shredded carrots, and the sautéed onions cook another 30 mins or so on low heat. Get 1 cup of your favorite wine, place to the side for later.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Continue to cook on low till vegetables are pretty much gone. Or speed up process by blending the soup.
6. Bring mixture back up to medium heat and add 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 1 cup Velveeta if you have it. Grab that 1 cup of wine relax and enjoy it now that all your hard effort is done.
To put a spin on it add cauliflower, homemade egg noodles, or pepper jack cheese for a bit of spice.
Really want to put a spin on it? Make some homemade bread bowls....YUMMMMY