Deer tips over noodles is amazing old world recipe that has been handed down for generations in my family. Lets start with the noodles this is easier than you think so don't be overwhelmed. This will make 4-6 servings depending on your portions.
1. 4 eggs beaten (fresh eggs give the pasta a gorgeous color)
2. 1 1/2 tsp salt
3. 8 tbsp milk
4. 4 cups all-purpose flour
5. 2 tsp baking powder (optional)
* Combine eggs, salt, and milk. (For a thicker noodle add baking powder to the flour before mixing into the above ingredients) Separate dough into 8 balls.
* Roll out dough with a rolling pin or a pasta press can be used put onto lightly floured surface and let stand for 20 mins
* Cut your noodles by hand with a pizza cutter or knife. If you have a pasta press run through the press at desired thickness and shape.
* Let dry for approximately 2 hours i put a shower curtain rod above my sink and hang the noodles they dry a bit faster this way.
* Once your deer is almost done drop noodles into hot water or broth for about 10 mins
Now the Deer Tips you substitute Beef if you don't have Deer.
* In a large skillet heat 2tbsp butter over medium heat
* Slice 1 med/large onion and add to melted butter cook till onion is softened.
* Tenderize your deer if you haven't already and add it to the onion butter mix (I use about 2lbs of meat). Cook meat until desired doneness. 15 to 30 mins depending on rare to well-done.
* Add one cup of cold water and one package of brown gravy mix cook till thickened. Or make your own gravy add 1 tbsp of flour and 1/2 to 1 cup of milk to the deer, butter and onion drippings.
* Add salt and pepper to taste even a little garlic if desired
* Once noodles are done drain them and your already for a fantastic old world meal!