This recipe makes a 3lb+ loaf. Seems huge but allows for left overs for meatloaf sandwichs the next day. And god knows my boys love the left overs!
1/4 cup Parmesan or shaky cheese
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 pack of saltines
1/2 a pepper
1/2-1 onion depending on size
1 tsp Garlic powder
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
In a large bowl place burger and eggs, Parmesan, bread crumbs, crunched up saltines, diced pepper and onion, shredded carrot, and seasonings. Mix together well hands work the best for this. You may need to add more crackers or crumbs if mixture is runny. Form into a loaf and place in bread pan. Heat oven to 375F wrap in foil till the last 15 mins then remove wrap and cook for the other 15mins. Cook for 1 hour and 30 mins. May need a bit longer depending on how well done you like.
Prep Time 2hrs 30mins Cook Time 25-30mins
Makes Two Loafs
Add some butter and homemade jelly, enjoy your hard work.
MMMMMMMM It's so gooooood!
Deer tips over noodles is amazing old world recipe that has been handed down for generations in my family. Lets start with the noodles this is easier than you think so don't be overwhelmed. This will make 4-6 servings depending on your portions.
1. 4 eggs beaten (fresh eggs give the pasta a gorgeous color)
2. 1 1/2 tsp salt
3. 8 tbsp milk
4. 4 cups all-purpose flour
5. 2 tsp baking powder (optional)
* Combine eggs, salt, and milk. (For a thicker noodle add baking powder to the flour before mixing into the above ingredients) Separate dough into 8 balls.
* Roll out dough with a rolling pin or a pasta press can be used put onto lightly floured surface and let stand for 20 mins
* Cut your noodles by hand with a pizza cutter or knife. If you have a pasta press run through the press at desired thickness and shape.
* Let dry for approximately 2 hours i put a shower curtain rod above my sink and hang the noodles they dry a bit faster this way.
* Once your deer is almost done drop noodles into hot water or broth for about 10 mins
Now the Deer Tips you substitute Beef if you don't have Deer.
* In a large skillet heat 2tbsp butter over medium heat
* Slice 1 med/large onion and add to melted butter cook till onion is softened.
* Tenderize your deer if you haven't already and add it to the onion butter mix (I use about 2lbs of meat). Cook meat until desired doneness. 15 to 30 mins depending on rare to well-done.
* Add one cup of cold water and one package of brown gravy mix cook till thickened. Or make your own gravy add 1 tbsp of flour and 1/2 to 1 cup of milk to the deer, butter and onion drippings.
* Add salt and pepper to taste even a little garlic if desired
* Once noodles are done drain them and your already for a fantastic old world meal!
Sausage Gravy is very simple to prepare and tastes amazing. Weather a cool morning or a dinner after a days hard work, its always enjoyed. With this simple recipe even the newest of cooks can pull it off.
In a large skillet I prefer cast-iron but any will do fry up 1lb of ground sausage. Cook it till it is super crispy not burnt but crispy.
Once all crispy add 1/4 cup of all purpose flour and stir it in.
Add in 2 1/2 cups of milk, bring to a boil over medium heat, then bring down to a low simmer. Make sure to stir often so gravy doesn't burn to the bottom.
Add salt and pepper about 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2-1 tsp of pepper depending on the taste you like.
Now the biscuits are simple don't be scared its easier than you think, but you will need a pastry cutter to make it super simple. You can make without just use two butter knives instead just takes a little longer.
Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit
In a large bowl put in 2 cups all-purpose flour, 5tbsp of butter, 1tbsp baking powder, 1/2tsp salt, 1tbsp sugar. Using your pastry cutter cut the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
Then add 3/4 cups milk and mix well kneed your dough on a floured surface a few times don't over work it. roll out your dough to about 1 inch thick. If you have a biscuit cutter use it to cut out the dough if not use a glass drinking glass flour the rim and cut.
Place the cut biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet or in a cast-iron skillet bake for about 15 minutes.
BROCOLLI CHEDDAR SOUP
1. Place 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup butter in soup pot cook 3-5 mins over medium heat to make a roux
2. 1 tbsp butter melted in small frying pan add 1/2 cup onion sauté then set aside
3. Lower roux heat to simmer whisk in 2 cups of half and half and 2 cups chicken stock simmer about 20 mins
4. Add 1/2 lb broccoli, 1 cup shredded carrots, and the sautéed onions cook another 30 mins or so on low heat. Get 1 cup of your favorite wine, place to the side for later.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Continue to cook on low till vegetables are pretty much gone. Or speed up process by blending the soup.
6. Bring mixture back up to medium heat and add 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 1 cup Velveeta if you have it. Grab that 1 cup of wine relax and enjoy it now that all your hard effort is done.
To put a spin on it add cauliflower, homemade egg noodles, or pepper jack cheese for a bit of spice.
Really want to put a spin on it? Make some homemade bread bowls....YUMMMMY
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease loaf pans 4 minis or 2 large
3. In a large bowl combine 3 eggs, 1cup Oil ( I use Canola), 1tbsp vanilla,
2 1/4 cups white sugar
4. Fold in 2 cups shredded Zucchini
5. Stir in 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp backing soda, and 1 tbsp cinnamon
6. Fold in fresh blueberries 1 to 1 1/2 pints depending on how much you like
7. Bake 50 Mins or so cool 20 mins then remove and place on wire racks
Then wrap in clear wrap, I then place in suck-n-sealer and put some away for the winter.
Simple Crock Pot Apple Butter
1. 6 lbs of fresh apples add a few varieties for a richer taste peeled chopped and cored place in crock pot
2. 2 cups white sugar and 2 cups honey, 3 tbsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tbsp vanilla
3. Stir it all together till apples are coated well
4. Cook on high 1hr reduce temp to low cook for another 9-10 hour
*You can speed this up if you have a hand blender*
5. Uncover and cook another hour or so till its thick but smooth
6. Place into hot jars and can away or freeze
My MaMa's Sweet and Spicy Salsa
1. 3 quartz of peeled or canned tomatoes cored and chopped throw in pot
2. Add 2 cups onion, 1 cup sweet peppers, 1 bulb garlic, 2 hot peppers (leave seeds for hotter)
3. 1 Tbsp parsley, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp salt, pepper to taste, 1 large can tomato paste
4. Cook 1-2 hours on medium
5. Place in hot jars Water Bath 15 mins or Pressure Cook 10 mins on 10lbs pressure