A Guide to Gifting
1. A good pair of boots can go along way around the farm. Sloggers found its place in the hearts of women everywhere. Choices of heights, styles, and adorable designs are sure to make finding the perfect pair extremely simple. With great pride they have produced an amazing waterproof boot, that comes with great comfort insoles. I love that The Sloggers Company manufactures their products right here in the USA. The Muck Boot Company has made their name by producing strong waterproof boots that withstand the rugged country life. Their boots offer varying degrees of insulation and are sure to satisfy any climate. Women are a huge part of clientele for boot companies that once catered to men, but now have expanded their colors and patterns to meet the needs of a country girl.
2. Carhartt is a brand made for a country girl that needs rugged outerwear. Carhartt has been around since 1889, they remain the premier outdoor clothing line for country folk. Their hoodies, flannels, and jackets will last years in the roughest of conditions and keep you stylish and warm in the process. They offer everything from flannels, hoodies, coats, hats, gloves, and let’s not forget overalls. You can't go wrong with any of their products and will be highly satisfied with any purchase.
3. Kitchen and bakeware is another great choice for that special person in your life. From baking pans to cast iron, biscuit cutters to rolling pins, kitchen and bakeware can meet any budget and make a great gift. Anything to help make a ladies kitchen time a bit easier will be much appreciated.
4. Sleep wear is another great option. We love to start the day in warm comfy pajamas while sipping a cup of coffee next to the fire or watching the morning news. After a hard day’s work, there is nothing better than jumping into comfy soft sleep wear. Whether it's a pair of warm slippers, a plush robe, or pajama pants, it's a great choice for any girl.
5. Last but not least, sticking with the warm and fuzzy theme, a new blanket is always a win. Can you ever go wrong with a blanket? I for sure don't think so. Blankets can be purchased in such varieties as micro-fleece, flannel, cotton, or even angora. Lets not forget about all the colors and patterns there are to choose from. The women in your life will love a fuzzy blanket to curl up on the couch at night. To read her favorite book or watch her favorite show while cuddling in one of the blankets you purchased for her!
The true art of gifting is simple, GIVE IT WITH LOVE!!. Showing that special lady that you see and understand her paticular needs. Whether you buy off the shelf or make by hand, if it comes from the heart with great thought, the gift will surely be special. With this being said, don't forget just because a girl works hard under extreme conditions doesn't mean she doesn't want to do so in style!
Author: Carrie Miller
Sprouting is a huge hit with my feathered friends. I find it super important in the winter to add to their diet. It supplies them with much needed fresh nutritious greens that become hidden beneath the snow during our cold Ohio winters. You can choose any whole grains or seeds for the most part. I normally use my scratch grains that I get from our local feed mill or straight sunflowers. Sprouting can help you stretch your food and lower your feed cost as well.
Soak in water for 12 to 24 hours, cover with a towel. Mix around a few times try to keep them in a darker area during this step. You will not need to keep covered after step 1.
Fun Fact: Did you know what the difference was between sprouting and foddering? The length in which you allow yours to grow. Under 5 inches sprouting, above 5 inches Foddering. Foddering takes longer and also caries a higher risk of mold growth so I chose to stick with sprouting.
Rinse and drain your seeds and grain. Set them in a sunny warm location. Mine end up on the dinning-room table, keeps them from getting in the way. These aluminum buffet pans work great I just feed the girls straight from the pans. Simple to clean and reuse a few times.